Friday, December 19, 2008

Star Trek Enterprise final episode

For a long time, I felt like I was only one who liked the show Star Trek Enterprise. And then it switched from the WB to UPN (or vice versa?) after the third season and I didn't have the channel that it went to. So I had to wait years for the final two seasons to come out on DVD. During this time, I misguidedly defended the show to its critics, not knowing how much the quality declined in those two seasons.

While I was waiting for these seasons to come out on DVD, I was secretly hoping for a final episode that ended with the following encounter:

Many years in the future, a very old Commander Tucker is finishing a guest lecture at starfleet academy. After the lecture, a very young man with a Scottish accent approaches him from the audience to say "I jest wanted ye' te know thut I rrealy enjoyed yer lecturre."

A simple connection to TOS to wrap the whole thing up.

You can imagine how dissapointed I was with the "real" final episode. I barely remember it, but I do remember that Tucker gets killed and five minutes later, nobody cares. ... except me.

No comments:

Post a Comment